The Area Learning Center provides a rigorous curriculum that demands a high level of engagement in academics, positive behaviors, exemplary attendance, social skill building and teamwork, which allows hands-on, project-based, community service projects to connect to real world learning. The MN Graduation Standards are embedded in the curriculum. Students receive instruction in a variety of ways and settings.
- Individualized Instruction: CLPs (Continual Learning Plans) are tailored to meet the student’s academic needs and interests.
- Intensives: Focus on a particular topic covering all academic disciplines for a short, intensive amount of time with a variety of fieldwork in different core classes.
- Adventure/Fitness: Innovative Physical Education Curriculum that focuses on fitness, wellness, and nutrition.
- In-Depth Investigation: Interesting, purposeful, engaging investigation of compelling topics. Reading and writing activities are embedded throughout the board.
- Independent Study: Students many take advantage of a wide spectrum of classes at the ALC by enrolling Dual-Enrolled or Full-Time. This program also offeres Teen Parenting Classes
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 3:00pm