Community Resource Connections:
Our goal is to help you gain access to the services that will allow you to participate in preventative health care. Staying healthy is easier, and far less expensive, that getting well.
Health insurance is still required by the law. In addition to running the risk of creating serious debt from unexpected medical bills, you will also have to pay penalties for not abiding by the law if you choose to remain without insurance.
We are established nonprofit service providers and caregivers in your community. We are NOT county, state or federal employees, no do we work for health management systems like Prime West Health. We are reimbursed through contracts and grants that enable us to serve you without charging for that service.
We are trained and certified by MNsure to assist with online application for health insurance in Minnesota. The online application is faster, more reliable and far less problematic than the paper applications submitted to the county system.
We work cooperatively with your County and State Human Service Departments, Minnesota Care, and MNsure. We serve as your advocate and guide. We also work with area MNsure Brokers who can help you choose the best Qualified Health Plan; if that is what you qualify for through the MNsure application system.
Pine River-Backus Family Center-Pine River 218-587-4292
Northland Area Family Service Center-Remer 218-566-3636
Walker 218-547-3438 ext. 115
How Our Services Work:
- You call a convenient site and schedule an appointment
- We explain how MNsure works and what items are needed at your appointment
- We provide computer and internet access; and we enter your data
- We provide document printing and faxing at no cost to you
- We help you create your own MNsure online account
- We guide you through the MNsure application question by question
- We assist you in interpreting application questions and how they relate to your situation
- You receive a copy of your completed application and account information
- We will keep a copy of your account information and application on file; but only with your written approval
- We help troubleshoot application problems
- We provide advocacy if an appeal is needed
- We cannot choose for your or recommend Qualified Health Plans; but will refer you to certified Brokers who are able to educate and guide you
MNSure Broker Enrollment Center:
Allen Zutz Agency
8147 Hwy 2 NW, Bemidji, MN 56601
Mr. Zutz will work with you to find the MNsure Qualified Health Plan that best fits your needs.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm