Our Mission: Providing education, mentoring and support services that build strong individuals and families in the Northland Community School District.
- Education is an important key to building self-sufficient individuals and strong families.
- Every person has value. We operate out of consideration for each individual’s dignity.
- Strong families build strong communities.
- Healthy families and community systems are essential to supporting sustainable change in individuals.
- We strive for communities in which people are interdependent.
- We collaborate with other organizations that support our mission.
The Northland Area Family Services Center was created as a unique way to give rural access to county and educational services, and to meet community needs through innovative programming. Incorporated in 1996 as a 501C3, we serve the Northland Community School District and parts of Leech Lake Reservation. This is a population of 4,474 people (5.26 persons per square mile). In our service area 20% of households make less than $20,000 and 11.9% or 536 people in our community live below the poverty line.
Hours: Mon.-Thur. 8-5; closed on Friday